26.12.11

Holiday Highlights

Christmas just ain't what is used to be. And that's not such a bad thing. Gone are the days when I used to wake up at the crack of dawn, cracked out on greed fueled adrenaline. This year I woke up at 9:30 a.m. My brother was so excited he forgot to wake me. 

The holidays aren't so much about the gifts I get anymore (even though I did get some pretty awesome ones); they're about the little guy who still believes in Santa, spending time with my family and giving gifts that my they can actually appreciate/like. They're also about my hometown, St. Louis, which  I've grown to appreciate more than ever. I feel so comforted at home and I'm sure I'm not the only one realizes how nice it is to get away every once in a while. 

My Holiday Highlights thus far have been hanging out with my high school homies, story time with my grandma (apparently I used to be a ghost whisperer as a child) and lip synching Seal's take on "It's a man's world" in the back of the car tonight while my mom and step dad were in the front. 








I only have a couple days left in St. Louis and I'm planning to soak em up. 

Happy Holidays! 

Laney Loved It 

(on me: rhinestone top - parker, knitted sweater - gap, necklace - urban outfitters, lips - nars, jungle red)


No comments:

Post a Comment