12.12.11

Not Another Day

Yesterday I had an extremely lazy Sunday that include watching Rent in bed, eating Chinese take out with Kristina and Andy, watching Friends With Benefits, about 5 episodes of Law and Order: SVU and another take out order - this time consisting of an array of Greek food. The highlight? Rent! And quality time with my friends of course. And the food.

I hadn't seen Rent in a while, and it didn't fail to blow me away like it did the first time. Unfortunately I haven't seen the Broadway play (yet), but I think the movie is fantastic. I've always been a big fan of musicals. As a child I was so obsessed with Annie that I actually began to romanticize the idea of being an orphan. Well, I grew out of that, but not out of my love for musical and dance numbers. Rent is a bit more adult themed than Annie, but they both hit me in the heart.

If I could play any character (and had any musical ability) it would be Mimi. Her part in "Another Day" below really strikes a chord with me. So much that I had tears filling my eyes while listening to it in the short walk from the bus to my apartment this evening. I'm emo. 

Enjoy the video (sorry about the poor quality) and the lyrics below: 


The heart may freeze or it can burn
The pain will ease if I can learn
There is no future
There is no past
I live this moment as my last



No comments:

Post a Comment